NEW PROCEDURES FOR 2020
posted Oct 15, 2020, 10:28 PM
Welcome back PHFSC families,
Your skater has waited a long time to get back on the ice and now the time is almost here. Like most things these days, our procedures at the rink will look a little different. This email contains some important information about what screening, attendance, dressing rooms, family spectators and the exit location. Please through all of the details prior to the first day that your child skates.
- A PHFSC executive member will meet all skaters outside at the blue lines on the sidewalk. Please maintain an open area to the entrance doors as there will be swimming participants coming into the building as well and they will need a clear path with distancing to enter.
- Attendance will be taken using our registrant list and Covid screening questions will be asked of everyone before entry. This list is to be kept by the PHFSC in case it is required for contact tracing at a later date.
- Parents can attend as spectators but will only be allowed into the facility at the time that their child's ice time starts and must exit out the north east door (back of the building) as soon as the skaters have cleared the ice and gone to the dressing rooms. Spectators names and phone numbers will be taken by arena and/or customer service staff and this list will be kept for at least 30 days by Municipal staff
- Skaters are to enter the facility with their coach/PHFSC volunteer and proceed to the designated dressing rooms (9 per room 2 rooms per age group). Any overflow will have to use room 5. They are to stay in the dressing rooms until their ice time and not leave early.
- The dressing room hall is a one way traffic flow. When skaters go to the ice, they will go down the hall toward the score clock to access the ice. When skaters leave the ice, they will come off between the stands and go back to their dressing rooms
- Skaters will remain in their dressing rooms until the next group is on the ice to avoid any crossover in the hall. They will proceed down the hall again together to the score clock and walk along the end of the ice pad to the north east door (back of the building). They will walk along the back of the building to the parking lot. There are cement barriers up to restrict traffic in this area for the safety of participants/spectators.
Skaters should come to the arena ready to skate so that minimal time is needed in change rooms. Putting on skates at home or in the car and wearing guards into the building is a suggestion.
If you have any questions, please ask the PHFSC executive member at the rink.
Don't forget your masks!
We're looking forward to seeing our skaters and families at the rink and on the ice again!